real estate booth
Greg Bender | Ted Geever
Buying | Selling | Leasing
1031 Exchange | Probate/Trust
CALBRE | #01725209 | # 01877049
About: Studio City and Sherman Oaks
Studio City is a neighborhood in the city of Los Angeles, California, in the San Fernando Valley. It is named after the studio lot that was established in the area by film producer Mack Sennett in 1927, now known as CBS Studio Center. Originally known as Laurelwood, the area Studio City occupies was formerly part of Rancho Ex-Mission San Fernando.
Studio City had emerged as the true hub of the San Fernando Valley. With the Cahuenga Pass on the east leading to Hollywood, and both Laurel Canyon and Coldwater Canyon feeding into Studio City from the Westside, Studio City represented the gateway to the Valley and still does.
Home to the famed Ventura Boulevard, you will find everything from award winning restaurants and taverns, cafes, speciality boutiques, shops, and everything in between.
Sherman Oaks is an affluent neighborhood located right next door to Studio City. It has two city parks and a senior center. The neighborhood also includes eight public and seven private schools. The area is thriving with commercial business centers, popular residential communities with highly sought after real estate, exclusive shopping and dining destinations and much more. Sherman Oaks has a well earned reputation for fine shopping and dining, including a wide range of individual boutiques, large shopping centers and more which attract celebrities, Hollywood insiders, local residents and tourists alike.
Schools: Studio City
• Harvard-Westlake School, private, grades 10-12, 3700 Coldwater Canyon.
• Campbell Hall School, private K-12, 4533 Laurel Canyon Boulevard, Founded in 1944 by Alexander Campbell, the school is home to approximately a thousand students from kindergarten through high school.
• Walter Reed Middle School, LAUSD, 4525 Irvine Avenue
• Bridges Academy, private, 3921 Laurel Canyon Boulevard. It is a grade 5-12 middle and college preparatory high school dedicated to educating students who are twice exceptional, or "2e," (gifted and highly gifted with learning disabilities).
• ABC Little School, private elementary, 11728 Moorpark Street
• Oakwood Elementary School, private, 11230 Moorpark Street
• St. Charles Borromeo, private elementary, 10850 Moorpark Street
• Berenece Carlson Home Hospital, LAUSD special education, 10952 Whipple Street
• Rio Vista Elementary School, LAUSD, 4243 Satsuma Avenue
• Carpenter Community Charter, 3909 Carpenter Avenue
• Morning Star Christian Academy, private, 11000 Ventura Boulevard
Schools: Sherman Oaks
• Van Nuys Middle School
• Kester Avenue Elementary School
• Chandler Elementary School
• Robert A. Millikan Middle School
• Sherman Oaks Elementary
• Dixie Canyon Avenue Elementary
• Riverside Drive Elementary School
Charter schools within the Sherman Oaks boundary include:
• Ivy Bound Academy for Math, Science, and Technology on Morrison Street ranked among the best performing middle schools in the district and the state.
Portions of Sherman Oaks, including Magnolia Woods, are zoned to Van Nuys High School in Van Nuys. Other portions are zoned to Grant High School in Valley Glen.
Private schools include:
• Notre Dame High School
• The Buckley School
• Village Glen School